Our General Manager: A leader to admire
QPros is proud to have the leadership of our General Manager, Oscar Aristizabal, who was selected by “La Nota Económica” magazine in its first quarter of 2017 as one of the 500 Greatest Business Leaders of Colombia.
“La Nota Económica” chooses the 500 best companies among more than 26.000, based on its commercial and financial results; for this time the behavior was taken into account until 2015.
Ranking of the leaders is shown by economic sectors being QPros in the category of Chemical Products along with 21 leaders from reputable companies. QPros is one of the very few awarded in its raw materials trading niche. Regarding this recognition, our manager exposes that “this achievement is due to the effort and dedication of all our excellent teamwork“.
“La Nota Económica” in its special magazine issued disclosed the professional and personal profile of our manager:
- Economic sector: Varying chemicals
- Size of the company: Medium
- Appointment of position: 2012
- Degree: Chemical Engineer, Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana.
- Advanced degrees: MBA, Universidad EAFIT; Senior Management, U. de los Andes.
- Languages: English and Portuguese.
- Main leader characteristic: Integrity
- Leading role model: Richard Branson
- Keyword to work in a team: Active listening
- Motivation action: Positive Feedback
- First job: Control Quality Support
- Last artistic event attended: Guided tour at Edinburgh Castle (Scotland).
- Hobby: Sports
- Recommended Book: The World is Flat, by Thomas L. Friedman
- Recommended destination: Edinburgh, Scotland.
On behalf of the whole QPros team, we extend our sincere thanks to our General Manager for his great work and leadership that he has shown so far, in addition to the values that he exhibits as a person.